What’s New in Hyperion 11.1.2?
The release of version 11.1.2 has brought a plethora of improvements to the entire Hyperion suite of products, and EPMA is no different. This post will cover some of the significant changes that were included.
Improved Support for Essbase
This release has provided several updates that increase the functionality of EPMA as it relates to Essbase. Some of the more important ones include:
- Utilizing the Reorder Children dialog box, a new sort order can now be created to reorder members in the hierarchy.
- Performance settings for dimensions can now be modified in EPMA
- Dynamic Time Series (DTS) is now supported on the period dimension (BSO cubes)
- The ability to add Typed Measures and members with a Date Format has also been included.
- Varying Attributes are still not supported in this release
Application Troubleshooting Support
As we all know, EPMA can occasionally become out of sync with the dimension library or one of the products to which we are trying to push metadata. A new application diagnostic feature has been added in this release to help users fix this issue. This diagnostic tool determines inconsistencies between the source and target. Once the inconsistencies have been discovered, they can either be corrected manually or dealt with automatically.
Financial Management Copy Application Utility
HFM supports the ability to copy an EPMA app using the Copy Application Utility. This can be done two different ways:
- Select the Financial Management app. It will then be copied as a Classic application. Once this has been done, the EPMA upgrade feature can be uses
- Alternatively, the LCM tool can be used to migrate the application. Once this is done, the Copy Application Utility can be utilized to move the data.
This release includes a couple of adjustments to the batch client that improve the automation process.
- Login through a proxy is now supported
- Single Sign On (SSO) login is also supported
Follow the link below to view the complete document of changes
Please follow and like us: